- All are invited to enter the “FOC Themed Entertainment Contest” with final winning content to be presented at a cocktail event at SIGGRAPH 2018.
- Theme Requirements: Created content should deliver a rich storytelling experience exploring one of the following themes: 1) Halloween/nightmare, 2) Flight, 3) Chinese New Year or 4) Generations. Note: Content needs to be suitable for all age groups; however, Halloween/nightmare can be either content that is for all age groups or content that may not be suitable for children without parental supervision.
- Experience Requirements: FlyOver Canada is a LBE facility with a fully immersive half-spherical screen, a suspended 6-DOF motion seating system, and special effects, including wind and spray mist. Submissions should be designed to take full advantage of these technologies to create the most engaging and immersive guest experience possible.
- Technical Requirements:
Frame Resolution: 4096px X 2160px
Frame Rate: 60.0fps
Active Area: Offset circle about 3000px in diameter (template will be provided)
Lens Mapping: Spherical, distance from center of active area corresponds to a polar coordinate on the screen, relationship is fairly linear near the center but becomes less linear farther out, precise mapping information can be provided, but a non-disclosure agreement may be required by FOC.
Audio: 10 main channels, 4 surround, 1 subwoofer
- Duration Requirements: Each submission should be 3 to 4 minutes in length.
- Judging Process: All design submissions will be blind reviewed by a curatorial panel of FOC and SIGGRAPH industry experts. The judging criteria is as follows:
a. Quality and uniqueness of storytelling (tied to one of the four designated themes)
b. Quality of visuals
c. Usage of the LBE immersive technologies (motion, wind and mist)
d. Ability for content to integrate with LBE facilities
e. Overall Experience
- Prize Detail: The winner will receive $10,000 USD from FOC. The winner will also receive a complimentary Full Conference registration to SIGGRAPH 2018 from SIGGRAPH. Additionally FOC will cover travel costs for the winner to Vancouver not to exceed $5,000 USD (includes airfare and hotel accommodations for three nights).
- Commercial Relationship: FOC may engage in a commercial relationship with the creator(s) of the winning submission to improve the overall quality of the submission and/or to develop additional content. This commercial relationship is fully at the discretion of the creator(s) and FOC.
- Multiple submissions are allowed by a creator, but each must be submitted individually.
- All content must be original and cannot have previously appeared in other public forums.