How to SubmitPrint section
Before you prepare a proposal, please carefully review these topics of interest for SIGGRAPH 2018’s Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality:
Virtual, augmented and mixed reality in gaming, art, science, medical and research areas.
Artistic and technology performances and demonstrations, especially those that feature multiple people in a real-time environment.
Research projects that allow attendees to participate.
Collaborative and interactive experiences that are suitable for a live presentation format.
- Location-based Installations (such as those found in classrooms and museums)
- Augmented and virtual reality
- Interactive projection mapping
- Interactive theater, journalism and scientific demonstrations
Content-driven and interactive projects that:
- Demonstrate a unique type of interactive and immersive experience that was not possible before 12 months ago.
- Utilize the latest technology in immersive environments. For example: wireless, untethered (Nomadic) head-mounted displays for VR, augmented spatial reality such as projection mapping combined with gestural interfaces, and real-time eye tracking within an augmented or virtual environment.
- Influence our day-to-day lives as practical applications or creative tools, or improve our relationship with each other and the world around us.
Submissions are due by 22:00 UTC/GMT, 3 April 2018.
In particular, please be aware of these fields:
- Full names of primary content creators/presenters
- Title and description of your project, running length, genre
- Hardware and network requirements
- Basic logistics, lighting and sound requirements (if any)
- Final representative image (jpg, jpeg, png), with up to five additional images
- Download and mounting guide with installation and run instructions
- Video/Application to be evaluated, and optionally a trailer
- Website and URL for conference publicity & media/attendee inquiries
Finally, if you are hosting file(s), please supply the link, login credentials, product key or coupon information.
Non-native English speakers may use the English Review Service to help improve the text of submissions. Please note that this process takes time, so plan accordingly.
Educator’s Resources Submission option. Those submitting content to a SIGGRAPH conference have the option of donating materials of educational value to ACM SIGGRAPH online resources for the benefit of the education community. Learn more.
For more information about uploading files for your submission, please see Uploading Files.
For additional submission information, please see Submissions FAQ.